Monday, July 9, 2018


09JUL2018

Location: La Port, TX and Sterling Shipyard, Port Neches, Texas;

Events: Reported to the home office this morning and was informed I would not be going to the Herndon R. like I was initially informed, but instead I’m getting on the Dani Mayes whose headed to the shipyard in Port Arthur (Port Neches technically) for about a week. I arrived at the Sterling Shipyard around 0900, right as the boat was getting situated into the drydock. She’s here because she has a broken fluke. Around mid-evening time I assisted the steersman in servicing the starboard main engine.

Things learned about vessel/barge: Vessel Familiarization.

Classroom information application(s): Nothing applicable.

Supplemental Information: As seems typical for this company, everything is mutable, and plans get changed often and last minute. The captain and steersman on here are affable enough, and though I’m not entirely certain what I’ll be doing while we are laid up, it seems a nice enough boat to be on.

Rules of the Road Scenarios? None Observed.



No comments:

Post a Comment