Sunday, May 27, 2018


27MAY2018

Location: City Dock Berth #2096 Tampa, FL;

Events: The replacement radiator arrived by barge during the 1st watch around 8am and 3 shipyard hands came aboard to also assist us. We offloaded the broken radiator and an additional old one that was sitting on top of the pump how for who knows how long. After some serious heaving and hoeing we got the radiator in place, the fan cowl and guards fitted in, and the hoses attached. It was no small feat getting it all in place and assembled, but it was better then sitting around doing nothing all day. The 2nd watch was back to down-time, and generally killing my phone battery to pass the time.

Things learned about vessel/barge: How to install a diesel radiator and tool locations.

Classroom information application(s): Engineering Familiarization.

Supplemental Information: Too many chiefs in the teepee made the installation process longer and more arduous then it should have been, not that it was a simple task to begin with. I’ll be honest, I enjoy the engineering work more then the deck work and I may ask to be assigned to the Chief during my next hitch to train in the engine room more. Lastly, we should be getting underway for St. James, LA tomorrow afternoon which sounds interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing the delta and the river from this side, I’ve only ever crossed it on I-10 East going through LA and once way up near Little Rock, AK.

Rules of the Road Scenarios? None Observed.





No comments:

Post a Comment