Thursday, June 7, 2018


07JUN2018

Location: Gulf of Mexico South of Pensacola, FL, and Mosaic Terminal, Tampa, FL;

Events: Spent the 1st watch working on chipping the forward barge wench again but had to spend a large amount of time repairing and replacing air hose fittings and battling a needlegun that was leaking air. We got to the sea buoy around 3pm and the docks around 7:30pm, shortly into the 2nd watch. The lead tankerman let me take charge of initiating this discharge, helping me through the steps needed to set up the barge and connect the hose to the terminal.

Things learned about vessel/barge: Greater understanding and interaction with discharge systems and working with two cranes simultaneously

Classroom information application(s): Cargo Ops 1 loading and discharging of product

Supplemental Information: This needle gun is beginning to vex the shit out of me. I’m using two borrowed ones and the one that was working good for me yesterday is now just bypassing air through the gun and the other one is doing it intermittently which is significantly prolonging the amount of time doing this task. I did teach myself how to take apart and rebuild hose fittings though, and I’m going to do the same to the needleguns later on.

Rules of the Road Scenarios? Crossing and Passing in a Channel.



No comments:

Post a Comment