Friday, June 29, 2018


29JUN2018

Location: Mosaic Faustina Terminal, St. James, LA;

Events: Flew into NOLA at 0930 this morning, met up with the rest of the oncoming crew and drove up to meet the boat at St. James. We arrived at the terminal just as the boat was tying off, so I went and deposited my gear in my room and headed back out to the barge to help with hooking up to the terminal even though I didn’t come on watch till 1800. The 2nd watch was spent reacclimating to the schedule and monitoring the transfer.

Things learned about vessel/barge: Nothing new.

Classroom information application(s): Cargo Ops 1 loading and discharging of product

Supplemental Information: Much as I’m not a fan of the schedule, I am glad to be back on the boat. It’s good the be back working (honestly, I was getting kinda broke) and getting seatime and training. I’m told we will be headed to dry dock soon for a while, it seems the inspection we had last month on delayed the trip by a month, not 6 months like I had believed. I should be able to get the last few loads and discharges I need to completely apply for my Tankerman ticket this trip, but I’m not sure how being at drydock will affect my seatime accrual.

Rules of the Road Scenarios? None Observed (unless you count getting through TSA)



No comments:

Post a Comment