Sunday, June 10, 2018


10JUN2018

Location: Gulf of Mexico south of Mobile, AL and en route St. James, LA;

Events: Spent 4 hours straight of the 1st watch needlegunning the forward wench, completing all of the inner area and about half of the final outside wall on the starboard side. I should be able to get the other half and the feet knocked out tomorrow morning. The 2nd watch was general vessel maintenance and rounds, generally a low-key shift.

Things learned about vessel/barge: Nothing new.

Classroom information application(s): Nothing Specific.

Supplemental Information: Man, this wench is consuming my time, considering about 90% of it was rusted out. I’ll have put almost 15 hours into it by the tie its done I estimate. We should be at the river tomorrow morning sometime around 10am, and St. James in the wee hours of Tuesday morning. I’m fantasizing about getting off there, but more likely I’ll have to ride back to Tampa and get off Friday.

Rules of the Road Scenarios? None Observed.

No comments:

Post a Comment