Friday, June 8, 2018


08JUN2018

Location: Mosaic Terminal, Tampa, FL;

Events: About an hour before the 1st watch the barge’s port #2 pump shaft broke stopping all transfer operations. The cause is unknown, but the office is rebuilding one in the warehouse then driving it 18 hours from Houston to us here in Tampa. I spent some time tinkering on the needleguns and trying to find or build some better hose fittings but didn’t have much luck with either. The 2nd watch was just sitting on standby until the new equipment gets here.

Things learned about vessel/barge:  How to disassemble and reassemble a needlegun.

Classroom information application(s): Nothing Specific.

Supplemental Information: Well if it isn’t one thing on this barge, its another, I swear. It seems like every time we transfer or load, something goes wrong. I was concerned that the pump shaft breaking was my fault, as I took lead on the hook up and start-up procedures, but after talking with the lead tankerman and one of the mates my concerns were assuaged that I was not to blame. Hopefully we will know more when the parts arrive, whenever that will be, but either way we are stuck here for a fair while longer.

Rules of the Road Scenarios? None Observed.



No comments:

Post a Comment