Saturday, June 30, 2018


30JUN2018

Location: Mosaic Faustina Terminal, St. James, LA and Mississippi Delta, enr to Tampa, FL;

Events: Spent the 1st watch shadowing the lead tankerman doing some small repair work on a few tools and eventually taking a wire wheel to some rust spots the previous crew busted up while I was off the boat. I spent the 2nd watch with the lead tankerman going over how to log my loads and discharges and the various different logs they keep in on the barge related to transfers.

Things learned about vessel/barge: How to fill out a Load/Discharge book, logs.

Classroom information application(s): Cargo Ops 1 loading and discharging of product

Supplemental Information: Using that wire wheel this mornings really felt like polishing someone else’s turds, the quality of work of the chipping was pretty sad. A lesson to hold is that in any industry, folks who are well settled into their jobs and with no ambition to advance or been seen excelling will only do the bare minimum of effort to pass the day. I don’t blame them, but it makes me somewhat irritated when I have to do extra work on same projects just to make sure that my work doesn’t look like garbage.

Rules of the Road Scenarios? Passing and Crossing in a Channel, River Traffic Stand-On and Give-Way vessels



No comments:

Post a Comment